Welcome to the first Something Awful forums Goon SolForge tournament!
Please be sure to click "...More" below to see full tournament details.
To participate, players must be members on the Something Awful forums, and have downloaded either the iPad or Steam release of the SolForge game. If you don't have it yet, what are you waiting for?!
There are no entry costs
nor any prizes on the line, however if any generous goons would like to donate anything (custom title, SolForge store credit, anything really) it would be welcome.
Update 9/13: We have prizes!
AxeManiac has donated a custom painting of the Death Seeker card, and we have also recieved official StoneBlade Entertainment support in the form of 10 Booster Packs and 1 Premium Pack!
Pack Distribution details:
1st Place: Premium Pack!
Normal Booster Packs give as random door prizes between rounds as follows (1 pack per player):
Round 1: 1 pack - "What a Judas"
Round 2: 1 pack - "KingBurgundy"
Round 3: 1 pack - "JoshTheStampede"
Round 4: 2 packs - "DurdleDuck/Lansdaal" & "bilun"
Round 5: 2 packs - "vtlock" & "Toshimo"
Round 6: 3 packs - "RevEnFuego", "xboxpants", & "DonnyTrump"
The tournament format will be Best-of-3 Swiss, with rounds & top cut based on participants as listed below:
4-8 Players - 3 rounds - no top cut
9-16 Players - 4 rounds - Top 4 cut
17-32 Players - 5 rounds - Top 8 cut
*** 33-64 Players - 6 rounds - Top 8 cut ***
Max participants are capped at 64 for our first tournament. Ended up getting 60 players!
Tournament Instructions / Rules:
- No deck building restrictions apply; all cards / rarities are legal for the tournament.
- Deck lists will not be required in advance, but I'll be looking to collect them from top cut players later.
- You may (and are encouraged!) to add your info to this Google Doc including applicable user names as well as your deck's factions and lists (if you want to share in advance).
PS: If you're found to have modified your deck mid-tournament, while there's nothing we can do about it, it'd make you a terrible, terrible person for cheating a free, casual competition. :|
- Once you register for the tournament, change your Challonge participant settings so that your display name matches your SolForge account name (found lower-left in game on the main screen). This will make it much easier for players to find and challenge their opponents.
- Players will be responsible for coordinating with their opponents each round to setup a time to play their match.
I've started a GroupMe chat for the SolForge goons; it's is free and available on your tablet/phone/desktop. GroupMe is not working for people, so there is a SteamChat & Group setup instead. SolForge Goons Steam Group here! Please try to utilize this for casual discussion of the tournament/game and match organization, with the second place being the thread.
- We're going to try a 2 day time limit for each round to ensure the tournament keeps moving at a steady pace that all players can anticipate. The winner of a match is responsible for reporting the results to this page by the end of the 2nd day after the round starts. If 2 days is determined to be too short/long by everyone, we'll change it as needed.
- Matches not reported within the 2 day window will be recorded as a draw, awarding no points to either player and allowing us to continue on with the tournament. Players are encouraged but not required to include screenshots (lock+home button simultaneously on iPad) of the victory screens from their games (with winning player announcement and final health totals shown) when they report their match result to avoid any disputes.
- Bugs/Crashes: The game is still technically in beta, and we all know it's got the occasional issue. If a game/match is affected and irreparable/unable to be finished due to an issue, simply start a new game with your opponent. After 3 completed games, the match will be over.